Saturday, May 07, 2005

Five Uses for Text Messaging If You're Over 15 [Intro]

I got a phone call earlier this week from my cell phone carrier, T-Mobile.

You know that recording you get when you call to ask for customer assistance, that says, "Your call may be monitored for quality purposes"? Well, we monitored one of yours and it wasn't clear to us that you got the help you needed. Did you?

Nice. I've been impressed with T-Mobile's customer service. Maybe this is one reason it's good.

When the supervisor got done, he asked if there were anything else he could help with, I said, "Yes, actually. I don't have text messaging on my plan, but I've been trying to figure out why I'd want it."

"Well," he said, "if you're fifteen, it's really useful."

I laughed, said I wasn't, but said I was genuinely curious: if you both have phones, why use text messages when you can just call?

He said he didn't know either.

On a whim, I said if he'd give me free text messaging for a year, I'd play with it and send him five uses for geezers, like me.

To my surprise, he said, "Hmm. I can do that."

The posts that below are the five I sent him yesterday.

Your turn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<<Home