Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Saving the Newspaper

The Boulder Daily Camera has returned to littering my yard.

They dump papers on my lawn free samples, I call them, they admit that their computers mark me as "No samples," and then promise me it'll never happen again.

Last time, I explained that I thought it would be overkill to call the police or sheriff and have them charged with littering, but that I'd like them to agree that if they dropped off any in the next year, they'd buy me a subscription to the paper of my choice. This worked: it's been a year and a half.

I have another call in, and will ask for a similar deal, but I have to feel sorry for them: they're just trying desperately to find a way to slow their circulation drop.
Another year and a half and they may be gone.

I'll suggest that one way they could cut costs is to run columns created like this on their editorial page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<<Home