Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Frozen Blogger

With a nod and a wink to today's weather and to James Stevens, I submit the obvious, first two verses of "The Ballad of the Frozen Blogger" and solicit your additions:
As I sat down one evening within a small cafe,
A forty year old waitress to me these words did say:
"I see that you are a blogger, and not just a common bum,
'Cause nobody but a blogger stirs his coffee with is thumb.

My lover was a blogger, there's none like him today;
If you'd pour whiskey on it he could eat a bale of hay
He never shaved his whiskers from off of his horny hide;
He'd just drive them in with a hammer and bite them off inside.

Meanwhile, don't forget this Saturday's Rocky Mountain Blogger Bash 5.0. I'll be there, sucking up to all the really important, D-list bloggers, drinking beer, and singing any decent new verses to this that you post in comments.

With any luck, I'll be able to persuade Miss Lyn to come sing them, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<<Home