Friday, August 12, 2005

Smoke Screen Media

A Romanian pal once explained to me that her European friends believed Americans were idiots because we consistently play them on TV. "Then how is it," she'd ask them, "that the technology you use is American? Who do you suppose made it?"

"But why," she went on to ask me, "do you make movies and TV shows like that?"

And this was even before Michael Moore.

The answer, of course, is that "we" make those movies because people buy them. It's capitalism.

And we'll stop when people start buying something else. If blogs can do a better job than CBS News, why not a better job than Barbra Streisand? It's not like that's aiming high.

I now want the new movie, Blowing Smoke, because I want to see the blogosphere's first attempts. If it doesn't show up on Amazon.com soon, I'll just buy direct.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<<Home