Monday, April 11, 2005

Waiting for Electronic Weather

I'm blogging from a coffee shop in St. Louis, Missouri, listening to a webcast of Mary Cox, playing "Dixie," on http://sugarinthegourd.com.

My band came out to play a dance. I was supposed to fly home yesterday (Sunday). Denver International Airport is closed. 30 inches of snow, winds blowing so hard that they closed the highway to DIA, and 1,500 people without power. United says they might be able to get me out on Tuesday.

I take my laptop down to a local coffee shop that has free wireless, open it up, and I'm blogging, listening to music through headphones, and exchanging email with Frank Lee, who's painting in North Carolina. If someone needs to call me, my cell phone's in my breast pocket.

Me, I'm living in the 21st century. The weather's still living in the 19th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<<Home