Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Cyrano Would Be Proud

This morning, bloglines presented me with a snippet from Ron Coleman's blog, pointing at The Second Coming of Steve Jobs.

Up at the top of that Amazon page, above the picture of the cover, is this:

The Second Coming of Steve Jobs
by ALAN DEUTSCHMAN "Andrea "Andy" Cunningham was so tired she got home from work that she went to sleep without checking her answering machine..." (more)
SIPs: two moguls
Everything after the author's name is in tiny print. The quote is the beginning of the book, and "more" takes me to the teaser -- a couple of pages from the beginning to entice me to read the book. But "SIPs"?

It's Statistically Improbable Phrases -- in this case, "two moguls" -- a feature I'd never noticed before. This phrase occurs five times in the book, and the link takes you to a list of other books it occurs in. The first book on the list after this one? Here.

Note that a second ago I was at Bloglines. Just following my nose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<<Home