Sunday, March 27, 2005

... He Wouldn't Have Made Animals Out Of Meat

Dave Taenzer says he can't see the appeal of veggie burgers. "If I wanted to eat something that tasted like hamburger, I'd eat a hamburger." What would he say to these?

My ex-wife and I had stopped by to see Andrzej Ehrenfeucht and Pat Baggett. Pat was fixing beef fondue, and Andrzej graciously asked if we wanted some.

My ex was in that stage of vegetarianism where she didn't want to tell people she was a vegetarian, so she simply said she wasn't hungry. When Andrzej persisted, I explained quietly that she didn't eat meat. Andrzej began again, and Pat interrupted.

"Anj, she's a vegetarian. She doesn't eat meat."

"Yeeessss," he said, smiling, "But I was only going to offer her a piece of this Venus Fly Trap to dip in the oil."

He wanted to see if it was transitive -- if she would eat a plant that ate meat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<<Home