Monday, February 07, 2005

Pointing the way

I've been leading a double life for a while now.

For years, I've had a permanent email address that my friends all use. This address is nothing but a forwarding address -- the nice folks who maintain it for me just shepherd my mail along to my ISP-of-the-week.

Most recently, I've been using an IMAP account, so I can get the mail
anywhere, and reading it with Thunderbird.

This one-level-of-indirection approach keeps me from having to send out the my-address-has-changed notes I keep seeing from my friends. One email
address to remember for me.

At the same time, I've been playing with Gmail. Somewhat to my surprise, I love gmail. I actually like the interface better than T-Bird's.
The only thing it lacks is the ability to use vim(1) on messages I'm composing,
but T-Bird doesn't have that, either.

I kept hesitating about moving my pointer, hoping that Gmail would come
out of beta. This morning, I stopped waiting. I asked my forwarding
service to point at my gmail account. The deed is done.

Like everyone else, I have gmail invitations to give away. I see
I currently have fifty. Yes, fifty. If you want one, ask.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nike dunk SB shoes
Nike dunk SB shoes
Nike dunk SB shoes
Nike dunk SB shoes
Nike dunk SB shoes
Nike shox shoes
Nike shox shoes
Nike shox shoes
Nike shox shoes
Nike shox shoes

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

<<Home