Friday, February 25, 2005

Differences Among Women

As Larry Summers hysteria drones on, it seems a time to put this up, which is mostly how I (and that other Jeff) feel.


Differences Among Women
[Click on it to read it.]

This is also a shabby yet serviceable excuse to figure out how to put images and pdfs up on my blog. Anything to try a new technology.

Historical trivium the first: An editor tried to change the title to something clunky, like "Gender and Mathematical Interests." The Two Jeffs put their four feet down and changed it back. Extra points if you can see why.

Historical trivium the second: One morning, I got a response to this article that began, "For the first time do I lay hands on a SunExpert issue, and it changes my life."

Mine, too. The sender, whose blog is here, and whom I eventually met, has been a long-distance friend and desultory correspondent ever since.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<<Home